Philip E. West - Maximum Effort - Avro Lancaster
Avro Lancaster 101 Squadron RAF Aircraft Christmas Card by Philip E. West GAvA
Based at Ludford Magna,
Lincolnshire from June 1943, 101 Squadron was selected to test new equipment
designed to jam VHF frequencies used by the German fighter controllers. From
October 1943, the squadron began using the famous "Airbourne Cigar",
or ABC for short, which was operated by an eight crew member.